ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT:
- The Three-Man Mix-It-Up will be held at Compass Paintball on Saturday, January 18th starting at 8:00 AM.
- Captains’ meeting will be at 9 AM sharp. Games start at 9:30 AM.
- The field will be set up on the 17th of January. Players may walk the field the day of the event they have checked in and signed liability forms.
- Important: Players under 18 must have a formed signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- The game is streetball: each team will be created from randomly-selected players by a drawing on the morning of the event
Players who don’t show up for the event will not have their registration fees refunded.
In the event that we have extra players sign up that don’t fit on a team, those players will be placed on a waiting list and your money will be refunded before the event.
As always, only Compass field paint can be used in the tournament. For the Three-Man Mix-It-Up, Empire Premium paint will be available for a special rate of $50 per case. Other brands will also be available.
This tournament is about having fun, but as with any tournament, winning is important to the players and staff. We want to protect the integrity of the tournament and make sure that everyone plays fair. We won’t tolerate any form of cheating during this event. This is not a CFOA event, but we are still playing by PSP rules and will ensure the penalties fit the infraction.
Tournament prizes are provided by Empire Paintball.
- First prize: 3 Empire Axe markers
- Second prize: 3 Empire Z2 Prophecy loaders
- Third prize: 3 Empire E-flex masks
- Players can sign-up through our registration form online, calling us at 843-735-9466, or by stopping in the Pro Shop on a Ministry Day
- Registration deadline is midnight on January 12th; there will be no exceptions since the tournament schedule will be set at that point
- The entry fee for this tournament is $75 per player, individual player sign-up (no teams)
- Early registration special: save $5 by signing up before January 1st, 2014
- A minimum of ten teams (thirty players) will be required for the tournament to be held
- All players regardless of skill level will be randomly placed on teams to ensure that every team has an equal shot at taking the top prize
Each team will be made up of three randomly-selected players. There is a very good chance you won’t be playing with your usual team.
The tournament will be structured as a double-elimination playoff. Each team should play a minimum of five games during the preliminary matches (depending on the number of teams playing). Winners will be selected by the highest score per game. The teams with the highest cumulative score will then move forward into the semi-final round. Scores will be reset between prelims and semi-finals. After semi-finals, the top teams will go to the finals round. Finals will be decided by a best-of-three matchup.
The tournament will be played using modified PSP rules.
- Semi-auto fire mode only
- No ramping
- 285 chrono speed
- 10.5 balls per second
- 100 points per game total, divided by objectives:
- 45 points for flag hang
- 25 points for first flag pull
- 5 points for each player alive (up to 15)
- 5 points for each eliminated enemy player (up to 15)
- MINUS 10 points for hot guns or ramping
- MINUS 10 points for playing/hanging flag dirty